• In the Spotlight:

can anyone tell me where in the bible it says that when people die they go to heaven if they're good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It doesn't the bible teaches that only 144 Thousand will go to heaven. The rest are promised life on a perfect earth after Armageddon...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It doesn't say in the bible that people will go the heaven if they are good. The Bible tells us that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Where is the Father?

Matthew 10: 32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

Jesus also said that not all who claim his name will go to heaven. I suspect these are the sunday christians, who proclaim to be followers of Christ but don't live that way.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I hope this has answered your question :-)

MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• mrs.hart, you took the words (and the scriptures!) right out of my mouth! LOL. Great response,and it does answer the question very well. God bless you sweetie!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• MANY PERSONS say, ‘All good people go to heaven.’ However, when asked why they go to heaven, they may say: ‘It is to be with God,’ or, ‘It is the reward for being good.’ What does the Bible teach about this?

CONT...
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 11:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 2 The Bible makes clear that Jesus was raised from the dead and that he went to heaven. Also, it says that other humans would be taken there. On the night before his death, Jesus told his faithful apostles: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.”—John 14:1-3.
    BabayBella

• 3 Clearly, Jesus was telling his apostles that they would be taken to heaven to be with him. The apostle Paul often told early Christians about that wonderful hope. For example, he wrote: “As for us, our citizenship exists in the heavens, from which place also we are eagerly waiting for a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 3:20, 21; Romans 6:5; 2 Corinthians 5:1, 2) Based on such promises, millions of persons have set their hearts on heavenly life. Yet will all good persons go to heaven?
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 11:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 4 Shortly after Jesus was raised from the dead, the apostle Peter told a crowd of Jews: “The family head David . . . both deceased and was buried and his tomb is among us to this day. Actually David did not ascend to the heavens.” (Acts 2:29, 34) So the good man David did not go to heaven. What about the righteous man Job?
    BabayBella

• 5 While suffering, Job prayed to God: “O that in Sheol [the grave] you would conceal me, that you would keep me secret until your anger turns back, that you would set a time limit for me and remember me!” Job expected that when he died he would become unconscious in the grave. He knew he would not go to heaven. But he had hope, as he explained: “If an able-bodied man dies can he live again? All the days of my compulsory service [appointed time in the grave] I shall wait, until my relief comes. You will call, and I myself shall answer you.”—Job 14:13-15.
    BabayBella

• John, who baptized Jesus, was also a good man. Yet Jesus said: “A person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.” (Matthew 11:11) This is so because John the Baptizer will not go to heaven. When Jesus was on earth, which was over 4,000 years after the rebellion of Adam and Eve, he said: “No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.”—John 3:13
    BabayBella

• 7 Therefore, according to Jesus’ own words, no man had gone to heaven for all those 4,000 years of human history down until his day. David, Job and John the Baptizer will receive a resurrection to life on earth. In fact, all faithful men and women who died before Jesus died had the hope of living again on earth, not in heaven. They will be resurrected to become some of the earthly subjects of God’s kingdom.—Psalm 72:7, 8; Acts 17:31
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 11:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2009