How long does it take to heal after having tonsils and adenoids removed?

angie2719

Asked by angie2719 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• it didnt take my son very long he didnnt take no meds at all he was back at him self like 2 day or so
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it took me about a day or so when i had that done
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My son was five and a half yo and he recooperated fast he was daystay. My middle one my oldest daughter had to stay overnight because of a separate illness combined with tonsils adenoids and she did jumping jacks in bed the day after her surgery, she was three and a half years old. The youngest my second daughter was also a day stay and she was 8 years old and she had a horrible bad bad time re cooperating. She almost had to be hospitalized again because she refused to eat for almost two weeks. I was on the phone constantly with my surgeon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• For a 5 yr old it should only be a couple of days. For my 16 yr old it was a week. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my little brother just got his out 2 weeks ago and it took a week for him to get over the pain and just about 2 weeks for him to be able to speak without pain. he still has trouble swallowing
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 11:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2009