Any suggestions on what kind of Van/car I should buy? Need a 6 seater.

Give me the good the ugly and the bad. All opinions to be taken seriously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a Chrysler Town and Country, LOVE IT! Since they are going under they are selling off Chrysler's very cheap!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i have a 2006 dodge carivan seats 7. i would sujest captin chairs. that way theres not a lot of shes touching me!! captins chairs are the kind that right behind drivers seat and pass seat there seprated seats so u have driver and passenger and 2 behind them (seprate ) and a longer seat in the very back that can seat 3. i had captins chairs then had this van with out captins chairs and now i hate it told dh next van CAPTINS CHAIRS! MOM HE'S TOUCHING ME! STOP LEANING ON ME! its crazy. good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have a Kia Sedona, I love it. It has a good warrenty too.

I dont like the captains chairs b/c on long drives the kids like to lay down.

I only have 2 kids though, so they each have their own row, which minimizes the "he's touching me" arguments. lol

If you have more than two kids though the captains chairs would probably be better....they are usually a little more expensive.
    Anonymous

• I have an '05 grand caravan --- love it. Seats 7. A/C in the back (reg caravans don't have back A/C) & you can have control of it or the middle seat passangers can. 2nd & 3rd row seats are removable (most of the newer models have the stow n go). Good mileage for a van -- I get about 23-25 mpg.

And they're cheaper than most of the others. I think the Kia is comparable in price & you get the long warranty, but the mileage is like 16mpg. The warranty is a good selling point, but I was able to get my Dodge w/ gap ins & the extended warranty for $1000/dn & less than $300/mo.

My advice --- look for dealers that are hurting (a lot of going out of business), buy last yr's model with low miles, & get all the extra coverage. You'll be covered bumper to bumper for 70k miles.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have a Chevy venture I love it with the double sliding doors and make sure what ever van you get it has the extended version because it will make a difference my first one was not and I had a hard time putting groceries in but not this one its great and they are cheep to fix to Good Luck I think they are called Uplanders now or somethi8ng like that ask tell the dealership you want to look at the newer ventures they will know

Anonymous

• I want a orlando but they dont come out tell 2010:( i hate mini vans but if u are going for a good price i would get the town and country
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Honda Odyssey or a Kia Van. Kia is the best in safety and Honda seats the most. They both will seat 6 people though
    princessmommy32

Answer by princessmommy32 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Mazda MPV good reliable van but doesn't look so big like a van. Other cars I would say Acura mdx or my fav the Mazda cx9 crossover.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• A Chevy Tahoe!!!!
    Anonymous

• i have a jeep grand cherokee..really not very roomy.not enough room if you have more than one car seat.i say we all buy gmc.ok ya who will fix them when the company goes under ..the people who made them can become mechanics.thats my big idea.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009