birth control and mood/mental side effects

so... i'm having to stop taking the pill because i've discovered that anytime i'm on the pill it affects my mood very seriously, and i was just wondering if anybody else has had any of those kinds of problems with it, and also if there are any other forms of birth control other than condoms that won't affect my mood like this.

jacc2007

Asked by jacc2007 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• I got really depressed, and lost my sex drive on the pill.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• ya im same as the first one but when i wasnt depresed i was angry. I then took Yaz and it helped.
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I got the non hormonal paragard IUD.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My sister was on a pill that made her VERY moody. She switched three times before she found the right one for her. I have the Mirena IUD and have had no side effects concerning mood.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Diaphram

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was absolutely mental when I was on the pill. I went off and returned to normal. I was crabby, moody, no sex drive, and gained weight.

I have no other bc recommendation for you. My husband just uses condoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009