What are the healthiest gummy bear/fruit snacks?

I know there is a lot of sugar in these snacks, but is there one out there that is the least unhealthy?

mybabies

Asked by mybabies at 12:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I like the Welch's fruit snacks, my son says they taste the best and they are a lot softer and jucier than the others that are like Dora or spiderman or whatever.

They also have Vitamin A and 100% Vitamin C

It says they are made with real fruit....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I don't think there is one. Why not just give real fruit for snacks? Grapes? raspberries? sliced strawberries? Less suger and higher in fiber.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I don't know, we can't give them at all.

My son is sensitive to citrus fruits and he can't even have the berry flavored ones. We think there's some kind of cross contamination or something (like in factories that also process peanut products for those allergic to peanuts) They all give him the same citrus fruit reaction. ICK
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would check out health food stores. Waaaay back when I was in school and the fruit roll up first made an apperance, they were from health food stores and you could actually see fiber in them. Now it is all processed sugared up crap. Good luck in your search.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Clif Kids makes a great alternative. They have fruit ropes that are so good -- at least I think so:

http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_clif_kid_twisted_fruit/2167

We get them in the organic section of Drug Emporium. These are the ingredients: Organic Apple Puree, Organic Apple Juice Concentrate, Malic Acid, Organic Flavors, Pectin, Colored With Fruit And Vegetable Juice.

0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009