Can god see the future?

And if he can - can he be wrong?

If god can see the future why not just kill off the evil people at birth? IF free will is your answer then wouldn't that negate the future he sees and thus make it wrong, and god wrong? OR does it mean that there is no free will at all?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh,,,,,what a complicated subject.

I do not claim to know it all, I believe there are many things we will not understand until we are in heaven.

YEs God knows the future, we also have free will, but he already knows the choices that we will make.
    Anonymous

• Personally I think that the major aspects of our life are predetermined. The Journey is ours. And the Fates hold the map. I don't think that premonitions from mortals or the Gods are set in stone. I think that the day we will die is set, not the way. And that there are ways to get around all of it... We just have to find the right path to lead us around... We are destined to have children or not, we are destined to marry our not, but we can always deny destany and go our own ways, but that too comes with great consiquesces. I don't see the Gods as perfect and therefore believe they can be wrong.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well, in my opinion,and you know I give mine from a Christian perspective, God IS the future. He is the Alpha and the Omega,the beginning and the end. And, to answer your question,well we don't know why. It's one of those infinite things we don't know. One of the many un-answered questions about God, we are obviously not meant to know the answer to. There are some things we just have to take on faith,and trust that He knows far better than we do. I know that sounds like a cop-out to the non-believers, but honestly, not knowing the mind of God,that's the best answer I can give.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God knows the future, we also have free will, but he already knows the choices that we will make.

But if he already knows then isn't it predestined? Doesn't that mean there is no real free will?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God has a plan read 2 Peter 3:9
    maybe God wants a relationship with us, remember He is love! He is waiting on us!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes God knows everything!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I believe that in the religious sense, there is no free will. I'm not going to go into it any further.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God is not the other of confusion and I see you have questions so I just pray that His Spirit will reveal this to you. Be still and know that He is God. In Christ JCrestoredme.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God sees the future and if He killed off all the evil people none of us would exist.

Romans3:9-12 9What shall we conclude then? Are we any better[b]? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. 10As it is written:
    "There is no one righteous, not even one;
    11there is no one who understands,
    no one who seeks God.
    12All have turned away,
    they have together become worthless;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one."[c]
    then later Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. "
    So if God killed off all the evil people there would be no one left. So at what point should He kill you off? At the first sin, the 10th, when?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God is timeless. I cannot be able to understand the divinity of God because I am a mere human. By putting God next to a clock or calendar we are putting human limitations on God. God is not human and is limitless, therefore, a human will never fully comprehend or understand the awesomeness of God. We can take a look at the sky, the rivers, the tree and know God is awesome.
    mm2three

Answer by mm2three at 1:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009