second baby?

My son is 5 month old. I am dying for a second baby. I want my son and his sibling to be close in age and I want to get the whole pregnancy thing out of the way before REALLY trying to get back in shape (What's the point if Im going to mess it up again?) We only want two. Is it too soon? Why do I want another sooo bad, even though I am COMPLETELY in love with my son?

mandylynn19875

Asked by mandylynn19875 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• If it were me, I would want to enjoy my baby being a baby a little bit longer. Ultimately it is up to you, but you might want to wait a few more months until your baby is mobile. Your LO is going to change so much in the next ten months, and you might be surprised how worn out you will be chasing a toddler around. Do you really want to be pregnant at that stage? If you do, then go for it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It is recommended that you allow your body 9-12 months to recover after a vaginal birth and 12-18 months after a c-section before getting repgnant again. That being said women do it all the time even earlier then 5 months.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Personally, I enjoyed having my kids close in age. My oldest was 6 months when I got pregnant the 2nd time. They are 15 months apart and they were best friends as toddlers/preschoolers (they are less "best" friends now that they are 8 and 7).
    Then my son was 4 months old when I got pregnant with my 3rd child. They are 13 months apart and are better friends now then when they were babies/toddlers. Together I had 3 kids under 3 and all were born via c-section. They are 8, 7 and 6 now and I can't imagine doing it any other way. I also have a 3yo and HATED when she was a baby. Now the older kids do their own thing and the 3yo is left alone a lot. I feel so bad for her and wished I could have given her a sibling close to her own age to play with.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• DON'T DO IT LOL! My DS was only 4 mo's old when oops! Now I have boys that are 13 months apart. It is tooooooo close! I am 22 months older than my sister and we are very close. I think this is a good time span. My DD's are 3 yrs apart and the best of friends. Enjoy you baby for a year or so, then add on. Just my opinion!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009