How do you connect to the internet using your Wii?

My family purchased a Wii over the weekend and we cannot figure out how to connect to the internet. Can you please explain how to me? Feel free to message me the steps if it's a long explanation. :) Thanks!

vnw1405

Asked by vnw1405 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• Step 1Turn on your Nintendo Wii by plugging it into a power source and pressing the power button.

Step 2Press the "A" button on your Wii controller to continue from the warning screen.

Step 3Select "Wii" button in the left hand corner of the main menu, by using your Wii remote to move the hand shaped cursor over the "Wii" button and pressing the "A" button on the controller to select the Wii options.

Step 4Click the "Wii Settings" box on the right.

Step 5Select the left arrow to scroll over to more options. Then select "Internet" from the list and "Connection Settings."

Step 6Choose an open connection by selecting the "Connection 3: None" option, then the "Wireless Connection" option, and the "Search for an Access Point Option."

Step 7Choose the access point you want to use from the list that will be displayed. Save the settings by clicking "OK." Then click "OK" to start a connection test.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You may have to download the internet browser from the wii. We had to on ours, but ours was used so I don't know if that's standard.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 2:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009