Is it normal to spot during the luteal phase?

I've heard that when implantation occurs during the luteal phase and you may spot a little. Is this a sign of pregnancy? Is it normal to spot 7 days after ovulation?

Smiley_Shar

Asked by Smiley_Shar at 12:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wow, I am stuck in the same boat. I started to spot 6 days after I ovulated. I am so not sure, but I would like to know the answer as well. Hope we get the answer we are looking for!
    Kermet09

Answer by Kermet09 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Hi! I just talked to my sister in law who is an LPN, and has a baby. It is normal to spot 5-7 days after ovulation. It is a sign that implantation is occuring. Sometimes you can even spot 2 weeks after you ovulate. So this could be a sign of pregnancy, but not for sure.
    Smiley_Shar

Answer by Smiley_Shar at 1:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009