Do morals, values and vows not mean a darn thing anymore?

A friend call me this morning needing advice because she was "confused". She started telling me that she met a guy whom she works with and they had sex, but she thinks he"playing" her. I replied with WTF does it matter, YOU ARE MARRIED! She says yeah, but I'm just trying to figure out whether he's playing me or not. And once again, I replied with YOU ARE MARRIED! She hung up and then childishly texted me "I knew you wouldn't understand, great advice though. Don't even think about telling Bart(her DH)."

I think I'm going to tell her DH anyway. He's a good friend, a wonderful hardworking man who gives her anything she wants; and this is how he's compensated? I'm baffled at her actions. I can't believe she thought I would be on "her side".

Morals? Values? Vows? Should I tell her DH?

I'm so speechless....

What do you think ladies?

momtotrips

Asked by momtotrips at 12:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If he is a good friend, I think that I would be inclined to tell him. I don't know that I would come out and say, "Your tart of a wife is banging some guy." I think I would just tell him that he needs to talk with his wife. If he asks you what it is about, tell him that he needs to talk to her. She will most likely hang herself by admitting to it when pressed. She will blame you for it, but I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that anyway. In addition, if I was being cheated on, I would want to know.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Shocking that her big concern is if the guy is playing her....not "OMG I made a huge mistake!" She HAS to be young, please tell me how old she is....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I don't know, they usually wind up killing the messenger! Are there children involved before you let the cat out of the bag. I would tell her if she continues to do this you will be forced to tell, but maybe she would tell first. If she plans on this behavior as a permanant thing I would tell her to find another "priest" because I don't want to hear it, or let the friendship go.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Gramsmom_ She's 25 and been married for 4 years, but so have I. Yes I got married when I was 21, but I wouldn't have married my DH if I still wanted to dick around, lol. I was brought up with morals and values from my parents and grandparents. Divorce is not a word used in my family and that's why I'm speechless.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• show him the text....and tell him he needs to talk to her
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i don't know if i would tell him... are there kids involved?? you have to be careful... its really not your business....

but she is WRONG WRONG WRONG.... that would be someone i DEF. dont want to be friends with...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Shocking that her big concern is if the guy is playing her....not "OMG I made a huge mistake!" She HAS to be young, please tell me how old she is.....

why would you make it about age? im 21 and i have been married for 4 years and we have not cheated on each other. cheating is not an age thing, neither is acting like being married doesn't matter.
    i think you should tell her dh and show him the text. honestly if you are a good friend you will at least tell him that she and he need to talk.
    some people just have no respect for themselves or their husbands.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• be careful if you are friends and he finds out and forgives her you lose both friends, had it happen to us, thought we were doing the right thing and they stayed together and now loathe us.
    loveeeyore62

Answer by loveeeyore62 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It really is none of my business, I don't want to be in this type of business; but SHE came to ME which means now I am in it whether I want to be or not. She knows how evil I can be, so I doubt she will turn this on me; but then on the other hand, I don't want Bart to be pissed at me because I knew and didn't tell him.

No kids are involved.

Alright, so I guess enough speculation. I'm going to call him and see if we can meet for lunch. Thanks a lot ladies for all your input.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• ask him what he would do in that situation. when he tells you i'd tell them, say "bart, you're not going to like this" and tell him.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 4:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009