Why would a man turn his back on his beautiful baby for a woman?

My son's father rather take care of his escort/prostitute girlfriend than to be there for his son and support him. I really don't know how a person can this. I would never turn my back on my child for anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• He is doing something that he will regret. Do you talk to him about it? Your baby should be his number one priority.
    Anonymous

• He won't talk to me. He blocked my number .Since he has been involved with this woman he is now not sure if the baby is his. My baby will be turning one soon and his father or his family will not acknkowlege my son.
    Anonymous

• Honey some men are just pathetic assholes. There is no reasoning behind it, all you can do is pick yourself up, do the best you can for your son, and pray, hope, whatever it is you do, that he will open his eyes and figure it out before it is to late. Try not to invest any more of your time into trying to get him to figure it out, it will only be done on his time, if at all. I had an ex like that and when I finally gave up he left and never came back, but my husband has now adopted my son and he has the best daddy ever because I finally allowed his bio dad to leave. File for support and get a paternity test just to prove him wrong if you have to, leave the rest up to him, and take good care of your baby, he is going to need you especially if his dad wont step up.
    Anonymous

• He choses his GF over his child because he is selfish. A GF can give him things, sex etc. and a child just takes. The rewards of a child come from smiles and love, but he is too selfish to give anything of himself...does that make sense?? LOL
    Anonymous

• he is an asshole and your son doesnt deserve a dad who would abandon him, he need a dad who is there no matter what, no matter who he is sleeping with, your kid always more important
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Why? Let's see...selfishness, lack of love and irresponsibility to name a few. He was your choice now you have to live with the outcome.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• immaturity. he's making bad choices. don't let him take you down too by hating. Be the best mom you can be, learn from being with this loser, and better yourself for your child because your son will need a strong role model. Who he messes around with now isn't your business (since I'm assuming you aren't together) It may hurt like hell, but be at least you know how it is now. Be strong and move forward. Only he wins if you keep looking back.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree with the ladies, it's a combination of alot of things but one day he will regret it. My oldest son's biological dad has not been there for him probably since my son was a few months old, when we split. I gave him so many chances to do right by my son. My ex's dad, also left him when he was a baby and started a family with anothe woman which is what my ex did to my son. However I am grateful he's not in his life. I met my husband when my son was 2 and he's been raising my son with me and to my son that is father, the one who cares for him when he's sick, the one that goes to his parent teacher conferences and so forth. I know it hurts because you don't understand how anyone can turn their back on such a beautiful child but maybe in the long run it won't be such a bad thing and your child can have someone in their lives who would truly love them as their own.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Many men just use us for come dumpsters and don't care about kids they create. Just file for child support and make him be responsible.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Are you married? If you are, then you have legal rights. If you are not, then you still have legal rights, it's just going to be harder. Perhaps he turned his back on his baby because he didn't want the baby...perhaps if you look back you will see that he wasn't a good choice for a parnter...perhaps if you are honest with yourself, you will be able to admit it's not always a good thing to go around having babies with every guy you sleep with and/or date. Women have got to stop this having babies with any old guy thing...just because he's nice to date doesn't mean he's ready to have a baby with you and it doesn't mean he's ready to be a 'baby daddy'. For Christ's sake...make him a husband before you go making him a father and you might see some of these posts like this disappear.
    Anonymous