If someone you knew for like 10 years left her 2 young kids (2 and 4 months) with her mom to go on a 2 week drug binge then called you a bad mom.. then called upa week later and asked if you could watch her kids cuz she didnt want them with her mom cuz her mom was trying to get custody.. would you watch them ?

I told her hell no.. but Im just curioua to see if anyone would actaully do it and why

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. Why would I watch someones kids when they called me a bad mother? CPS anyone??? Save those children!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It's so funny...i was just going to tell u hell nnooo then i read the rest lol...try to get help for her though
    Anonymous

• comment bexi made......cps makes it worse.....I wld say no and go talk to her mom and tell her to get custody .......but to call cps is a no no in my book unless thats the last last last resort......whatever you do dont do that lol......and you need to str8 up tell your friend that she shld go get some serious help if she loves her kids.....cause someone that drinks and does drugs does not mean they dont love there children n stuff......she needs help and to be her "friend" you should support that if she go's for it but dont give her a free ride....good luck!!
    thismomrocks4

Answer by thismomrocks4 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would tell her only if she went to rehab...me personally, I would call her mother and ask how I can help her get custody. I have a (step) neice who pops out babies for the child support, keeps the cash and dumps the kids off for weeks on end with her dad. He tried to get custody but he didn't have enough backup in the court room. Having a witness helps sway the judge. I didn't know this until after the fact. Now the girl tells her dad he can have the kids for a week here or there but if he takes her to court again she's leaving the state w/the kids. So now he's just beside himself.
    Anonymous

• Okay, how does cps make it worse?!?! She is gone for two weeks on a DRUG BINGE and that's okay? No. the children are not being cared for by the mother. She NEEDS cps to protect the kids.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• that's so sad. These poor kids -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• YES! I would have her bring them to me and as soon as she was gone I would be calling her mother and letting her come get her grand kids.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "but to call cps is a no no in my book unless thats the last last last resort......whatever you do dont do that lol....."

When someone abandons their kids with their mother to go on a week long drug binge, I dont think just "talking" to that person is going to make it any better. She needs a wake up call!!!!!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It takes alot for CPS to take kids away from parents nowadays. The system is too overwhelmed and if they take the kids they will most likely be placed with the grandma who currently has them only with temporary custody so she can get help paying for kids clothes and food and can get them medical attention if needed. Then mom to kids will have guidelines she must meet to get them back 1 being a rehab program and she will have to prove to the court she is going. So personally I don't see how it's a bad thing unless Grandma's home is unkempt and won't meet cps standards.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No and I would be adding to her CPS woa's if I were you! Call and report drug use/neglect.
    My neighbor is this way. She has twins that are 2. She swears so bad it would make a pirate blush! Screams and yells for the whole neighborhood to hear, a complete troll! Leaves her kids strapped to a double stroller on the porch while she and bf go at it in the house.
    Over the weekend she went to a family party where she was in a physical altercation with her ex's family members, all with a baby on her hip and was hysterical when CSB showed up at her house on a Sunday. Asked us if we would keep watch on her house in case her ex showed up. Said it was all over this party. "I'm a good mom, I don't neglect my kids, I was just so drunk" Ummm hello, good mom? Sooo drunk? No brainer to me! People like this make me nuts. I think she gets I don't like her but continues to talk to me Ugh!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009