Miscarrage...

If you miscarried did you mourne? How far along were you?

This came up because of the Pro-life question. I have miscarried 4 times... Never mourned, never felt there was a loss... They weren't real babies to me because they weren't born yet. I was in to my second trimester with all of them. I'm not looking for a bash fest but I want to know if miscarried babies are generally a "loss"...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I did not shed a tear over my miscarried children either. I saw no point.
    Anonymous

• that is sad, are your emotions all dried up? Maybe you will later are you on survival mode, maybe you are a very confused person??
    Anonymous

• Do a search on CM for "angel baby"
    That should give you all the answers you need
    Anonymous

• I think it totaly depends on the person I personaly cried When Ii misscarried... More because I was scaired I wouldnt be able to have a baby then anything else..They told me that they thought that I might have a very small chance of getting pregnant and caring without misscarage. It hurts because I still felt that the baby was my baby regardless of wether they were born yet or not... But the Dr.s were wronge and it was a fluke... Now I have a beutiful little girl and tho I sometimes think of the child I lost I do not morn for it... But I do see how it goes either way
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God’s tender regard for the delicate life as it grows in the womb. He said to Jeremiah: “Before I was forming you in the belly I knew you, and before you proceeded to come forth from the womb I sanctified you.” (Jeremiah 1:5) David said: “My bones were not hidden from you when I was made in secret, when I was woven in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw even the embryo of me.” (Psalm 139:15, 16) Job calls God “the One making me in the belly,” who proceeded to “prepare us in the womb.”—Job 31:15.
    Anonymous

• I did not see them as losses either. They were never real people to me either. I never held them, never heard them cry. I saw them as "future" children and never really got upset. I don't understand why someone would. But that's me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was sad and felt a loss when I miscarried.. but I also believe life begins at conception. So, for me it was a baby.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I lost a baby very early and it was very real to me. I can't imagine feeling a baby move inside and it not be real. I'm sure you heard a heartbeat by then. I'm sorry I don't understand not grieving.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I never miscarried, but I had a lot of bleeding for a while and was scared to death I was going to miscarry. It would have killed me. I can't think about it too much now because knowing my son and who he is and what a precious angel he is, I can't bear the thought of not having him. (Even though I wouldn't have known what I was missing doesn't mean that he wasn't a special little being when he was a fetus) . Have you never thought about what kind of babies/childen the miscarriages might have been? That's what would get to me......the not knowing and wondering.

My best friend miscarried twice and I know each was a loss to her. I also have friends who lost thier baby 7 months in. She had to deliver him and after they held him. They even took pictures of him because he is thier child. They always say they have 7 children. (They only have 6 living.)

Everyone I know that has miscarried has mourned.

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• YES! i mourned, I still mourn for the loss of both my BABIES, I screamed, i cried, i yelled and i miss them so much everyday, and i lost them both early in the pregnancy, for those of you that dont mourn I personaly feel you are clueless. and the only reason I am answering this anon. is because I dont want some of my CM friends who recently had miscarriages to see this question.
    Anonymous