CAN BABIES (18 MONHT OLD) GET IN A HOT TUB? WHAT IS THE HOTTEST TEMP. THEY SHOULD BE EXPOSED TO.

SamsMom125

Asked by SamsMom125 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would not do that they tell you never to go in one why your prego so i dont think that it would be good
    tigger81007

Answer by tigger81007 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think the warmest temp for a LO is 120 degrees. So, no.
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 3:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• bath water isn't supposed to go over 100, so no
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I don't know what the hottest temp is that they are supposed to be exposed to but we have a hottub and my 2 year old has never been in it and won't for a few more years. A typical hottub will not heat above 104 degrees which doesn't sound too hot for an adult but it way too hot for little ones. It even has a warning right on the side that says it should not be used by children. I can't think of any reason that a toddler should be in a hottub. Sorry.
    ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 10:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Babies should not go into hot tubs. Even older children shouldn't. The chlorine is horrible for them, the bacteria is horrible for them. The other thing is that if it's a little boy it can make them sterile. Even when they're teenagers (older ones) they should only stay in for 5-10 minutes and then get in a pool to cool off. There have been a lot of ear infections from hot tubs for kids. Also, there have been several drownings from kids getting their hair caught and other things like that. I hope you won't take the risks!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 4:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008