This is probably considered to be the most terrible sin?

http://resources.rbc.org/odb/pda/
read June 9,- Risk, remember the game a lesson to be learned from it!
What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, according to many people on these boards, there's no such thing as a "most terrible sin". I've repeatedly seen posts stating that sin is sin, period. "Raping & murdering a 3 yr old is the same as stealing a stick of gum in God's eyes" and things like that. Personally, I find that utterly ridiculous, but to each his own.

To answer your question.... I would disagree. I think there are FAR worse things in this world than pride and conceit.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yes but that is why Saten or Lucifer an angel at one time was cast out of heaven with his followers the demons, he wanted to be like God (pride)- it makes sense to me!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The worst and unforgivable sin is denying Jesus the Son and God the Father.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree Shaneagle
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• All sin is sin in God's eyes and utterly wrong. The consequences of sin obviously are worse. In reality all sin comes from pride an conceit. In Laura's example, rape and murder come from pride. Rape is about control and dominating, the ultimate expression of pride. Stealing is also an expression of pride, "I want it I'm going to take it and the law's or rules mean nothing."

The untimate expression of pride is as 2mothershelpers said, Lucifer wanted to be God. We follow right behind when we choose not to believe God and try to rule our own lives. We want to be gods ourselves.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree with Shaneagle... I know that in our eyes rape is way worse than stealing but in God's eyes they are the same. Anyone can be forgiven IF they are truly sorry and honestly believe what they have done was wrong...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thank you Shaneagle . All sin is wrong in GOd's eyes, but you can be forgiven if you accept Jesus, ask for forgiveness and mean it, and if you change your ways.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 1:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• In Matthew chapter 12 verse 31 (and the parallels in Mark chapter 3 verse 28, and Luke chapter 12 verse 10), talking about the sin against the Holy Spirit, Jesus says,

And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• find me one person who has NEVER sinned......

i think if someone steals a soda...but regrets it, they should be forgiven, if someone kills a child....or kills an adult for that matter.....unless you ewre defending your own life , it has to be a really exceptionial situation for that to be forgiven.

pride is one "sin" ew are all guilty of
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• moki, we are all sinners. We are all sinners and if we regret we can be forgiven. But the one person...well that would be the blessed mother.

Laura, there are some major information chunks left out of your example but I am sure you know that. There is no point in me explaining because you don't want the explanation.
    Anonymous