Fatty Mc fat fat... what to do...?

I'm 23, I've had 3 children and I am severly overweight.... I'm 5'5 and 215 lbs. I had my last child 9 weeks ago and can not get this weight off for the life of me. Before I got married I was a nice 140 lbs, I long to be that weight again.
Any tips or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• fitness magazine has some great helps for you, also the Hibernation Diet book,

try eating more honey less sugar and running around your block.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When I topped out at 172 (which was also my top preg. weight with my last baby), I almost fell over! The first thing I did without any special diets or exercises, or a gym membership or anyone to help or motivate me was to simply eliminate all sugar (and no aspartame, etc.), AND all bread along with white pot. and rice. These simple steps, no diet, began bringing the weight off.

For exercise, I did the old fashioned Jack La lane style of jumping jacks, toe touches, waist bends, sit ups, walking/running in place, etc. and this along with the elimination of those foods brought me right down to 145 with a couple of months. I have always been a good southern cook, but those foods plus eating out fast foods pack on the pounds tremendously.

Eventually, when you lose a certain amount and your body stalls, you'd need to do an additional change up which will shock the body and take you closer to the wt. you want to be. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009