Advice...am I feeding her enough/too much??

My 8 month old daughter still has 4 bottles a day (5ounces each) and has 2 sometimes 3 containers of baby food. People comment all the time that shes a "big girl" but according to the charts, her weight is only in the 50th percentile (16.5 pounds), and her height is OFF the charts (29.5 inches). What is an average quantity of food for a baby this age????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not worry about it. You have to ask yourself, if the doctor is not worried about it..then you shouldn't be also. You have to remember that once they get moving the weigh comes off. I have a big baby too who is in the 99% of weigt, but I know once he starts walking it will come off. Don't worry about what other people think. Be glad you have a health child and not one the gets sick all the time.
    Deymphina

Answer by Deymphina at 12:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• lol... my two month old eats 5 ounces at least 8 times a day... shes 13.1 lbs and is also considered normal weight
    Anonymous

• My son just turned 9 months and he's eating 2 jars of baby food and then 4oz of formula mixed with oatmeal. And his formula can be anywhere from 24-35 oz a day depending on how he's feeling. And he's probably 19 lbs now.
    Anonymous