Obama said "Talk to the people.......

I just heard part of Obamas speech and he says talk to the people who have not been layed off because of the stimulus, talk to those who have gotten jobs , talk to those who have not lost their homes because of ability to refinance and talk to the people who have been helped by the tax cut given to 95% of Americans.
Ok so lets talk. Have you been helped, has your job been saved?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope nothing has changed here.
    Anonymous

• well... i am thankful i was able to find a job ( a easy min. wage paid...but a job)..... but it was def. no thanks to O....

okay so SOME people where helped.... what about the rest of the THOUSANDS of actual WORKING citizens?? they are losing their jobs and families going without... but the good o'l welfare checks are still flying out....(srry i know a little off topic, but it just makes me mad)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• people who have not been layed off because of the stimulus

I would love to hear exactly how you determine which individuals fall in that category.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I haven't been hurt, yet, but it's coming if things don't improve.

How can I have a living if the people around me can't buy anything?

Eventually, I won't be able to buy anything,either, and that sucks!
    Every time I hear about another company closing anyplace in the country, I twinge.
    Men, who once had incomes to buy new hunting equipment.
    And to buy a life for their families.
    I could scream.
    Everything is pretty depressing.
    But, we will all make it
    Think about how people made it through the depression, and when it was over, they ALL knew which things are REALLY important...........
    So do I.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We're getting an extra $100 a month due to the tax cut. I think it's definitely helped.

Then again, my husbands job isn't in danger of being lost.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my husband works at a bank that is doing hardship programs for people to help them stay in their homes under Obama's new plan he sets up about 65 per month on average so that is 65 people a month who have been able to stay in their homes and there are about 180 people in my husbands department at work so yeah i would say people are getting helped!

Anonymous

• Thats great Anon, We tried to do that but couldn't because of all of Obamas rules. Had to pay $6000 to refinance instead. Good thing we refinanced with our old company or we couldn't have rolled it into our loan and then would have been out of luck. Who has $6000?
    Thanks Obama
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Nope but I am sure that since our taxes are going up, and once inflation hits, the cap has been taken of the electricity next year, and the caps are put on alot more of us will suffer.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 1:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thats great Anon, We tried to do that but couldn't because of all of Obamas rules

yeah my husband said that there are quite a few people that don't qualify but in his experience and I am only talking from that... he is able to help more people that not. he says about 4 out of 5 people qualify I am truly sorry it didn't work for you!

Anonymous

• We got to refinance our house and pay about $450 less. Our neighbor got to go back to work for the highway project, I believe it is 18 months worth of work - a little higher than average length of time than the previous contracted work he had. So, not all bad.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009