HOW TO GET FEET FLIP FLOP READY?

SO I AM NOT A GIRLY GIRL I DO NOT WEAR SHOES AT HOME. I WALK EVERYWEAR BEARFOOT(EXPECT STORES AND WHAT NOT) AND MY FEEL ARE CALOUSED DRY AND CRACKED. i WAER A LOT OF FLIP FLOPS AND SANDLES BUT I WANT MYFEET TO LOOK NICE. WHAT WORKS? ALSO I DON'T HAVE ATON OF MONEY TO DROP ON PRODUCTS OR A PEDI. THANSK IN ADVANCE!

Badk95

Asked by Badk95 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• As a former nail tech, who did a lot of pedicures, I can say the key to it is maintenance.

For you, I'd suggest getting a really good pedicure to start your feet off quickly. Then go to the beauty supply and get a high quality pumice stone. Use this stone every other day to start and then you can move to once a week when your feet are soft. Keep it in the shower and use it wet.

You can pick up a foot scrub at the beauty supply, or at Walgreens or Walmart, etc. I like St. Ives brand. Not too expensive and good for exfoliating between toes and the top of your foot.

I also recommend using Blue Goo Cracked Heel Skin Softener with Emu Oil or Heel to Toe Foot Softener. You can find Blue Goo at Walgreens and Heel to Toe at Sally Beauty Supply. Put this on at night with a light sock. Also, a bit rubbed into your feet before putting on your flip flops will make any white dry look disappear.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• soak your feet in a bowl filled w/hot water and bath oil. then scrub them w/a pumice stone. after that slather on alot of really thick lotion and put socks on. wear the lotion/socks overnight. there are specific socks made for that about $4 at walmart same w/soaks etc...but you don't need the soaks and foot lotions body butters or a thick body cream are the same thing. but i do love the socks, they don't soak up the lotion before your feet get a chance to. put lotion on em every night for about a week. after that just start to put lotion on them when you put lotion on the rest of your body and do the foot soaking/pumice stone once a week or every other week.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Just go to a salon that is in one of those shopping stripes they are cheaper atleast 25 to 30 dollars that is not bad at all, they will let your feet soak for a while or ask them if you can alittle longer. They will make your feet look beautiful and your feet will thank you too.
    You have to take care of your feet they are the ones that helps us get around...lol GL
    You will love it and never regret it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009