What is next step for potty training?

Three-year-old is doing well going to her potty for urinating. Defecating is another matter, has only done this twice. What is the next step in toilet training, how to I get her to go to the bathroom when we are outside our home where there is no "potty chair" for a child this size? She is scheduled to enter a preschool program next month and I was told they could help with the toilet training part, but what can I do as her mom to get her out of pullups?

mimismom436

Asked by mimismom436 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just put her in panties. Pullups slow down the learning process. For the pooping, she will either quickly adapt or she will ask for a pullup when she needs to poop. You'll need to decide how to handle that when and if it happens - not all kids respond well to force at this age.

For when you are out, you can just hold her on the potty or you can buy a fold-up seat adaptor and put it in your bag. My daughter is fine with me holding her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009