After you feel the baby's first movements how often should you feel the baby move??

is there a certain time to feel the baby better? when did you first feel your babies move?

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i just felt my baby start to move like 2 days ago.. im 19 weeks today.. its still not very strong and if im not paying attention i dont notice lol
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I first felt mine move at 12 weeks with my first and 13 weeks with my second. But it was really random, like once every couple days. By about 17 weeks I was feeling them more oftern (mult. times a day) but when I had my 18 weeks ultrasounds they were doing LOTS of movements on the screen that i was unable to feel
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I first started feeling her move around week 19 but I went days without feeling anything until about the middle of week 20 and then I would feel her at least a little bit everyday. Now at week 28 I feel her quite a bit.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• with my son i was about 20 weeks and he hardly ever moved, and this time around he is so sctive i wish he would stop, but usually within a 2 hour period if he doesnt move at 10 times once he is really movin, then let you obgyn know...i had my son 6 weeks early becuase he quit moving...so it really just depends...but always any concerns you have tel the doctor
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think you're supposed to start doing kick counts at 24 weeks. Before that, it's too unpredictable.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I first felt my baby at 18 weeks, then nothing for 5 days. I thought I must have imagined it. On the 5th day, I sat on my couch, no noise or other distractions, and focused on feeling my baby. About 15 minutes later, there he was. I noticed the first couple of weeks that unless i actually took the time to concentrate, I was missing it-- he was just too faint. Now I'm at 24 weeks, and there is no mistaking it! He's bouncing around in there all the time, and he even reacts when I poke him (gently).

If you'd like to feel him move around more, lay still-- the walking and moving you do actually will rock him to sleep, so once the movement is done, he'll wake up and be more active.

Have fun!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009