what to do about MIL?

Well it all started with my kids, my husband and I having to stay at my MIL because we were inbetween moving and our new house wasn't ready yet. we stayed there for about a week. During that week, I noticed a funny smell and thought o wow is that what I think it is. One night after I got the kids to bed, I was out in the living room and thats when I knew both my MIL and FIL were smoking pot in their room. It was so strong and I'm also pregnant so the smell of it was making me sick. I told my husband when he got home from work that night. (he works second shift). he looked at me funny and said that they don't do that. I told him I knew what I had smelled and it was definitely pot. Well anyways he doesn't believe it. But I know what I smelled. Now I don't want my kids around my MIL. I don't approve of using illegal drugs and certainly don't want my kids in her house or out with her alone. what should I say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would tell her u smelled "something" like pot [ u dont want to jump out accusing] n ask her like an adult. its the well being of ur babies n u gotta keep them safe
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• shhDon't say a word...it will only start a problem between you guys. That is their house and their business, Just be patient and think about your house you will be out of there before you know it. There is nothing you can do about it anyway. You can only protect your kids so much when they are older it will be up to them, but for now do what you have to do. Stay out of it. And when you come visit make it short and sweet you don't want to shut them out completly. And don't make it look so obvious. Hang in there!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Lol
    Anonymous

• lol. I would just die having to stay with my MIL period and she's smoking weed too!!! That's just the icing on the cake. Good Luck to you on this one.
    HoneyPot78

Answer by HoneyPot78 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Wow, grow up. Its their house and its only weed.

Ask this question when they are shooting up.
    Anonymous

• weed is not that bad, if they were doing cocaine then you should definately be concerned. i dont beleive you should smoke while you're pregnant though, at least they are not doing in the same room with everyone. if it bothers you that bad, maybe ask them to do it outside or blow it out the window.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• weed may not b "that bad" but its definatly not something you want around your kids or yourself being pregnant!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It's their home, and if they want to smoke weed, it's their business. I wouldn't keep the kids from them. I'm sure they wouldn't smoke it in front of them anyway.
    Anonymous