Would this bother you? Please read and share. Thank you kindly.

About 2 months ago I had to have a 2 inch lump removed from my right breast and thank god it wasn't cancerous. The thing is where the Dr. had to cut it got a little indented and a little misfigured. I mean it really doesn't both me when I have my clothes on. When I look in the mirror and raise my arms up it bothers me. I am big breasted and it's noticeable when I'm naked. I'm 39 and I don't know. I don't dwell in it. I can have it fixed but don't want to go under the knive again. Would this bother you?

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It probably wouldn't bother me too much because I'd be so darn happy it wasn't cancer. I'm glad for you on that at least! I do understand where you're coming from on the appearance issue, but if you're not willing to have it surgically corrected, then you must get to a place of acceptance about the scar by focusing on the gratitude for the good health it represents.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it might, but I would live with it. There are a lot if imperfections I live with... but I guess that makes me inperfect like everyone else :) which I'm ok with.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Maybe a little, but I think its something I'd get used to in time.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• nope! Every scar or stretch mark on my body came from an event in my life. That bump is a part of the story of your life...dont let it bother you at all.
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Maybe a little, but just think of it as a battle scar from a war that you didnt have to fight in the end...meaning cancer. Let it remind you to take everyday and LIVE it to the fullest, b/c you never know what the next day holds.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, after two months, your scar hasn't healed enough for you to know how it will really end up/look. I've had several scars from surgial procedures and you don't even want to work on one until its healed (started to fade). You'll be amazed at how much a scar can change on a stretchier area, too. If I were you, I'd keep my chest well supported (not like you wouldn't, but still- it'll help decrease your chance of getting a keloid) and give it time. Once it starts to get light pink, you can see if it still bothers you and go from there. For now, you still have a lot of healing to do- and I'm happy to hear that you don't have cancer!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• To be honest, probably. I have a scar from a minor surgery (had a non-cancerous lump removed from my side). I hate it. Have horrible stretch marks from my pregnancy. Hate them.

But would I change them? No. My husband likes the battle scars and I learn to do the same.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Basically my whole body is one big scar and I have a story for each scar. My kids recently started asking me "You need a band-aid?"(looking at a scar) and I'll tell them, No it's a scar. "What happened"? I've got stories from my brother pushing me 10ft out a tree and a stick going thru my hand, to my dog tripping me and dragging me 50yards until he reached a damn squirrel. I wouldn't change any scars on my body whether they were put there accidentally or surgically.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It would bother me but im so self concious
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 2:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009