I want to use my grand daughter's photo on showdowns, but her mom won't talk w/ me.

I had a daughter I had to give up for adoption long ago. We have since reunited, were friends for 25 years but had a falling out over her husband who beats her up. We share a beautiful girl, my grand daughter. I constantly use my other grands for showdowns, & I want to show how pretty my little gdaughter is. Since her mom refuses to speak to me, would it be unethical to use my grand as a subject?

My daughter shows her page to me & I show her mine. That's our form of communication now.
I'm not trying to be mean, but want to make up some way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Not ethical. If you want to build back the relationship, why not ask her if you can "brag" about your granddaughter? Or just start sending little messages. I think the issue isn't about posting pics for showdowns but starting back a relationship with your daughter. Abuse is a really hard situation to watch, but I know there are support groups for people in your position- if you google them, they may help you find a way to repair your relationship and deal with your daughter's situation without another fall out. Good luck.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you shouldn't use the pictures.... sorry, but you have no rights to them.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree with Veronica.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I wouldnt use them. I personally feel you should get permission to put someone elses childs pictures online. I never do.
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 1:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, you should not use her pictures unless you can at least speak to your daughter about it.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "I wouldnt use them. I personally feel you should get permission to put someone elses childs pictures online. I never do."

Good for you!! Not only is it immoral to use a child's pictures that you have no rights to, I believe it is illegal as well.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009