How long do you get a period after giveing birth

I heard it last up to 2-3 wks and its nasty

CamilleDiaz9

Asked by CamilleDiaz9 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends on your body. i bled for about 2 weeks after my 1st and bled for a neverending 6 weeks with my 2nd.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yeah that sounds about right. But you dont just stop like a period does either. It will go from red to brown to a yellowish and then clear before it goes away. And if you start to do to much, like moving around and stuff like that, it will start to get red again, so it is a good indication on if you are taking it easy or not.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• After having my daughter vaginally I bled for about 2 weeks and than it stopped. 4 weeks after that I got a normal period.
    Anonymous

• i bled for 6 weeks with my first, then on top of that i got my mentrual period and that lasted like 4 weeks and the doc did a d&c and said it was becuase of my birth conrtol
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• With both of mine, I bled for six weeks after birth. It was normal, period like bleeding. Then four weeks after that stopped I had a normal period.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I bled for about 4 weeks
    Bella05

Answer by Bella05 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009