vaccines question

so my DD has her 4 month appt on wednesday and we did get the first round of shots at 2 months well spaced out but i am wondering if you go over 8 weeks between the shots are they not effective? i am not going to get her second polio shot and i know some are very helpful i am just worried, i have read tons of stuff but could not find info on if you say wait 10 weeks or 12 weeks or if they would make her get whole another round of shots... im also kinda thinking about forgoing the rest for now and just get them before she starts school.. but she has already got one round so i dont know... . i know this is a very hot topic so just be nice no criticism... i am just not sure what to do..

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to get her shots... being so young she is more likely to get sick... her doctor wil tell you when you need to get the shots but I would not put them off... you would feel terrible if she got something that the shots could prevent
    Anonymous

• Ok, anon, that is not what she was asking.

OP, I'm not 100% on this, but I don't believe you'd need to start all over again if you delayed the second round. You might check into the Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. Good for you, for making sure to thoroughly research this. Everyone should. And, this is coming from someone who pretty much vaxes on schedule.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The CDC actually has a lot of this information on their site. You do not have to start over if you delay. Check out my journal post to help with your research. i can't take credit for it though another mama shared it with me.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1444732/To_Vaccinate_or_Not_to_Vaccinate

aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009