What the heck is wrong with me? Am I mental?

I HATE being touched, it irritates me, and makes me mad. Not all the time, but a good 75% of the time. Whoever is doing it, I want to push away. I want to scream.

I can ONLY wear flip-flops. Sneakers/boots/closed in any type of footwear makes me panic.

If someone holds both of my wrists, I freak out.

Is something wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• It could be a sensory disorder, you might want to check into it. My 6 yr old has some issues with sensory so I know it isn't easy.
    Blessings!!
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Go get checked out and tell them just like you have mention. Take care!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Some of it could just be little quirks. I freak out if someone holds both of my wrists, even in a joking way. It's just something weird about me. And I don't like if someone plays with my nails, no reason, it just bugs me. But if you feel that it's more than just a little quirk, then you should talk to a dr. They can ask more detailed questions and have better ways of knowing if it's just something that bugs you or if it is really a problem.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sounds like an interruption of your continuum.
    Anonymous

• you have a sensory disorder, like me. i can't wear jeans, or anything with a restrictive waist. i don't wear shoes, only flip flops. i have to wear my socks inside out when i wear them because i can't handle the seam touching me, i can "hear" flourescent lights. certain textures freak me out.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 1:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2009