I am doing my "BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVING TEST" this Wednesday. I live in CA. Any pointers, tips etc

BTW I am 27 and have a driving phobia and just havent had the courage to drive until now. But, I have 2 kids and a brand new 2009 Range Rover (a gift from my wonderful hubby), so I dont have a choice now. LOL. I need to take my kids to school, doctors appts, parks, malls etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Expect they will ask you to parallel park. If you are like me, you'll need extra practice on this one!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• omg good luck! im the same way.i dunno why though.a driving phobia is kinda terrible to have nowadays!:) well good luck and this summer ill be going thru what you are! what ive learned is to just stay calm and if youre nervous its going to make it worse! relaxxxxx:)gl!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I live in CA as well and I am taking mine Wednesday as well! LOL They do not ask you to parallel park, it is not required in CA. I was so scared of driving at first but once I got my permitt my DH made me drive every where and now I love it. Don't forget to buckle, adjust your mirrors do all of this before starting the car or else it's an automatic fail. And when they tell you to switch lanes look over your shoulder. Check your mirrors constantly through out the test, just because, I check them all the time, it comes in handy. Everyone I know said the test is only 10 mins long, they make you turn at least 3 times each way(left, right) they take you on the freeway then make you get off like right away, and they make you switch lanes both ways(left, right) and that is it. They also make you show them how to do the hand signals for turning and stopping. It goes by fast, don't be nervous! GL
    Anonymous