Universal Health Reform

Lets say for the benefit of this question that health reform of some kind is inevitable. We know they are working on it. Myself and many others believe it will involve new taxes for ALL, less convienance, rationed care, minimal tests, less research and more government control over hospitals and Drs. and what they can do. I know there are some who believe none of this and that most care will be low cost or even free.
So, for the sake of this question, what would you expect from reform and what would you accept as consequences to your care and control over your health care after something was implemented?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What I would expect for reform is tort control. What we will get is exactly as you described.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Fact is nothing is free in life. This health care will not be free, we will all pay for it by paying more taxes. Employers will stop offering insurance for it's employees when this does happen. If they don't then both the employer and the employee will pay taxes on having private healthcare. Is this really what we want?!?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Alot of libs do ron sadly.Just a means of a way for the government to gain more power over the people and unfortunately some don't care about that as long as they get their "free" bottom of the barrel health care.Who cares if it will probably bakrupt the nation beyound repair.Who cares if it will near impossible to reverse when they all find out just how chitty it all works out.Meh who cares it's "free" it's "SOMETHING."
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• " it will involve new taxes for ALL, less convienance, rationed care, minimal tests, less research and more government control over hospitals and Drs. and what they can do."

omg...this is soooo true.... i wish people would get under the rocks they live in and wake up!!

i will fight this to the end... i am not footing the bill for some crackhead who overdoses or a ganger banger who got shot.... that s*it is just not right!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• libs= too much government control....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• Medicaid is an example of the care that all will recieve it the Universal Health Care goes through.
    I am not for the gov't telling me which doctor my son will see. When my hubby lost his job due to the atuo industry going to shit, we elected to put my son on COBRA insurance instead of state Medicaid. Patients ARE treated differently on medicaid. This is a fact. People are in the dark if they don't see what UHC is.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It will be a MESS.Look at any government ran program and tell me it ain't a mess? Look at the public school system.Look at California the socialist experiment where are they now? hmmm? IDK A MESS.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The Ameican voters are plain nuts these days. They were anit Bush so now this is what we have to deal with...sigh...
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would love to see tort reform what we'll get is communism.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 2:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Personally, if we are forced into a Universal National Healthcare system, I think that people who CHOOSE to be unhealthy should pay more income taxes or be moved into a higher tax bracket regardless of income to absorb these costs.

For example, if you are overweight for no reason other than pure laziness and unhealthy diet, you should pay more taxes because you will eventually require more medical attention. Same goes for smoking, drinking, drug use, mental basketcase or hypochondriac, etc...maybe even based on the number of children you have!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 2:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009