hiccups too much?

so my lil man is 5 days old and he gets the hiccups 2-3 times per day.... is that normal or does that mean somethings wrong? Sorry i'ma 1st time mom and i'm worrying about everything.... i know before he was born he got the hiccups alot too...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its normal. if they bother you offer him some formula (even if he has just eaten a little formula like half an ounce will normally get rid of them) but they don't hurt them and i've heard the ones that hiccup alot before birth are the ones that hiccup alot afterwards, thats been the case with both of mine.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It's fine. Unless it actually bothers him, don't worry about it. If it does bother him, try Gripe Water. I knew mine hated the hiccups before she was even born.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My 2 week old gets hiccups at least that many times per day. It's totally normal - it made me nervous the first few times she did it, but I even checked with the doctor and he said it's totally normal. I should've know she would hiccup a lot - she did in constantly when she was in my belly!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009