Acai Berry & Colon Cleanse

Has anyone taken acai berry and colon clease? If so how did it work for you? How did you take it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I heard the doctor on Fox the other afternoon say that colon cleanses don't get rid of toxins, b/c he said that toxins can't be identified, so how can they know if they are cleaned out of the body? Makes sense, but as far as keeping the colon clean, I whole-heardedly believe in that. I try to eat as much fiber as possible and drink water.

Acai berry? I drank several bottles of Monavie and it didn't do one thing for me. I really looked hard thinking that I could get some relief from nite sweats, day sweats, weight loss, anything, nothing. nada. I didn't even seem to feel any particular energy. Maybe I'm just diff. but i'm very health minded and take vitamins, eat very well, work out daily, and I still couldn't see any changes in anything. Sorry.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2009