does anyone know of any grants or scholarships for a child to get into pre school?

I would really like my dd to attend preschool because i feel like i don't know how to teach her at home...She is VERY smart for her age but we CANNOT afford pre school and we make a little too much for the Head start program any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Umm preschool is free, they only go to school for 4 hours so there is no lunch time. If your trying to send her to a private preschool then yes it cost money and that is something you have to deal with on your own, but again preschool is free.
    Anonymous

• where???? I have checked with the school district that i am in and it is almost 600.00 a year for the whole school year! Please tell me where i can find ANY free preschool I am in gresham, oregon!
    Anonymous

• Sorry Anonymous at :56... not all states have free preschool. Mine doesn't.

Sorry OP - I don't know of any. I would suggest you look for a co-op preschool. They are usually much less expensive since the parents all help out at the school. That lets the school have lower paid staff and lower fees. See what programs your local YMCA has, try your city's park's department, try any local colleges or adult schools (they sometimes run preschools for their student teachers), try local churches, even try local high schools - some run preschools for their home-economics classes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We have Headstart if you qualify for income requirements,that's free.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Some private schools offer need-based scholarships; others offer sliding scales.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009