what is your favorite meatball sauce for potluck?

I am making turkey meatballs for a softball banquet potluck tonight. My daughter wants them in Italian gravy ( tomato sauce) I am thinking BBQ with some pineapple or I could do oriental or stoganoff/swedish style ( with sour cream) or in just a turkey gravy (homestyle) I can't decide. What do you think would please the high school crowd?

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 1:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I went with Italian, Thanks all!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• none of the above. grape jelly cranberry sauce!
    One jar grape jelly, on can cranberry sauce, on jar/can chili sauce, heat till liquid. It works great in a crock pot.. Just don't eat too many in a sitting (which is hard to do!), or you get the screaming demons. lol.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Similar to Mythic, I do grape jelly and chili sauce, they get devoured every time. Strange recipe, I know, but people love it...and always look at me like I have 2 heads when I tell them the 3 ingredients, frozen meatballs, grape jelly and chili sauce. lol. What could be easier?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• One jar of Plum jam and one jar of pace picante mild salsa......This sauce is the best!! My co-workers loved it when I brought it for potluck before.
    Anonymous

• We go with GFS sauces. They make a to die for Sweet and Sour and a Swedish Meatball sauce as well. Yes, the cans are huge, but I divide in half, freeze one half and use the other half. For the meatballs? I make my own. I get a spaghetti seasoning mix from GFS and to that I add one can tomato sauce, canned cubed tomatoes and a small can of paste. Makes a lot and I freeze what we do not use. Good luck experimenting with meatballs. Traders Joes also sells turkey balls as well.
    jns131

Answer by jns131 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009