Ever want to just run away?

I mean, my son and husband can come too...I wouldn't leave them. I just really feel like packing up and going somewhere far away to start over new. I know running away from my problems won't solve them but it's a really nice thought isn't it? Any words of encouragement to help me through my FML day? Thanks :0)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• haha yah. I've moved a lot in my life so I start feeling like I'm missing other experiences when I stay in one place too long and sometimes I get sick of certain "friends." I like the fun of starting fresh, too. And here I am in a town with both my parents and my in laws and I organize a playgroup- it can be too mundane and too much drama all in one! On the plus side, I found a way to "run away" without running! I decided to get back into things I used to enjoy. I'm taking a dance class, I scour the local ads to see what different things I can do around town (like paint pottery or go strawberry picking) and I recently discovered an indoor pool to take my baby to that's a lot of fun. I'm so much happier now that I took back control of my life. I don't know if that would help with whatever made you post, but it can get better :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• run far!
    no i'm kidding i don't know what to tell you b/c i feel the same way half the time...that it'd be great to just pack everyone up and move to some little town in the middle of nowhere where there aren't problems....unrealistic i know but its nice to dream...just breath and hopefully tomorrow will be better
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes. Starting over sometimes sounds soooo nice. New friends... that aren't so... UGH! Lol. :)

Things will get better, whatever it is that is bothering you.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
    Anonymous

• Starting over isn't as easy as you might think. It can be fun, but someitmes it's hard.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yeah, I have those days but then I worry where I go might be worse so I stay and deal with it

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• A friend of mine moved up to oregon because her husband finally got a job there.When they got there the job was taken and the pace of life was so much differenter in a bad way she kept complaining about it.She moved back after a few years and said it was the worst experience of her life.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think it's normal to have those days. My days, I just want to lock the doors and stay in with my family! I don't think things would be better any where else, I have a special needs child and I depend a lot on my family here! :o) But I certainly relate to just getting away. Hope your day gets better! :o)~

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes.
    I ended up moving 2000 miles away from home about a year ago, and I miss it. Not the weather, but just about everything else.
    Since moving here I don't work anymore and there isn't much to do, so it's been hard meeting new people.
    If you do actually run away, I suggest you pick a better location than we did. lol :)
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009