Do you think it is weird when a mom posts a pic of their baby breast feeding as their cafemom pic?

I breast fed both of my kids and enjoyed it! So I am not hating. I just clicked on a moms profile and there is was the picture of some newborn breast feeding. I just get this weird feeling when I see that. My husband sent a pic of our newborn through text right after she was born and she was feeding and I was kinda mad he didn't pick another welcoming picture to send to his family. I know it is natural and normal... I just dont want to show pictures of my bobs to people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know it's natural and not sexual at all, but I feel weird when I see those pictures because I feel like it is a very intimate, personal moment.
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes, it's annoying. There is something called class and some people don't have it.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is annoying at all.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Let me guess, Anon :35, you formula fed?

Please it has nothing to do with class, in fact is shows class that the woman is educated enough to know to breastfeed. Its a matter of preference is all it is. I love BFing pics, especially with newborns, as they take me to such a wonderful place in my memory... I am still BFing my 2YO son, fwiw, I'm guessing you think that is also classless anon?
    Anonymous

• I don't think it has anything to do with class. It's all in the way people feel about privacy. Some people feel that it's natural, normal, and a beautiful thing to share. Others feel that it should be kept private. To each their own, don't judge.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I understand why... they are very proud of what they do and they usually are strong supporters of breast feeding. But I can't say I would ever put a picture up of me and my child like that. It's just too private for me to feel comfortable with. There's nothing wrong with it, it just makes me a little uncomfortable.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Showing photos like that to anyone all depends on WHAT is actually showing. Some can be quite tasteful, and you might even have them hanging on a wall somewhere.
    What I can't get over is how many people post photos of thier children on CafeMom....knowing there are guys lurking in here, and it IS the internet.....free game.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me. Breastfeeding was a bonding experience very sweet to me. I wouldn't have had pictures taken of me doing it, but that's my personal preference. I can understand why someone might feel so strongly about it that they want to share the experience in such a way.

Answer by Bmat at 3:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm all for breastfeeding (I breastfed) and I see absolutely no reason to post pictures of your boobs out there for all the world to see...and for some pervert to see, steal and get his jollies off with.

Your pictures posted here are not as safe as you all seem to think they are.
    Anonymous