driving to FL

We are definitely going to FL next year and started talking about whether or not we should fly or drive. I have a slight fear of flying. It would definitely be cheaper to drive, and we could see more stuff on the way. Wondering if anyone has ever made the drive from CT to FL and how it went? Did you stop part way?? Where?

KMIassogna

Asked by KMIassogna at 2:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Travel

• we drive from VA to LA about twice a year. we usually stop right at the GA/SC line, actually about 45 mins before the line on the GA side. if we leave VA around 9 a.m. and stop around 11 p.m. eastern time than leave around 6 a.m. we are usually in LA around 4 or 5 p.m. every rest stop we usually stay for about 15-20 mins to let our daughter run around and get rid of any pent up energy. we've been making the trip for 8 yrs now, 3 years with our daughter, before we had her we drove straight through but we don't like to affect her schedule too much, and well we both can't stay up to drive all night like we used to.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have drove to florida almost every year from Illinois. One year I drove it three times! When kids were little we would leave at bedtime and drive until around 3, that was when caffeine would wear off and I would need a nap. I never had a second driver to trade off with. I would stop at rest area or parking lot, somewhere where there is a bathroom for morning. Then we would finish the trip and the kids werent such a bother. Now that theyre older i would just drive all day. Its only 18 hrs.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 3:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• we drove from Northeastern PA (right on the border with UPstate NY to Boca Raton FL. It was an 20 hour drive. I will never drive that again ever. I would make it a day or two to get there if you drive. We went straight through.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009