URGENT! Do I answer?

My ex-bff (who did the whole backstab thing) wrote me Thing is it really really really hurt me when she and I got into the fight, we had been bffs for years, and she knew so much about me, including where to strike to make it hurt. She turned ALL (and I mean ALL) of my friends against me. I dropped out midyear and I was busy settling in my Hubbys house so I did not contact anyone for like a week, and when I got back in touch with my old "Friends" they were ALL against me. So I was basically friendless. I just started making NEW friends, and I was starting to try to forget my old friendships, ESP. with this particular girl, who I was more hurt than angry with. And here it is out of the blue she's all writing me. SO do I write back?!?!

.carrie.

Asked by .carrie. at 2:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't respond to that.... or if I did, I might say something like,

"Thanks for your letter of congratulations. Yes, having a family is a wonderful and fulfilling thing. I hope that one day you will be able to experience the same amount of joy and happiness that I do on a daily basis. Good Luck to you."

Keep it short and sweet, then wash your hands of her.

Anonymous

• Her: Letter
    Carrie,
    I believe congrats are in order to your little bundle of joy...and to your marriage.Sorry it took me so long to write this,note that this is'nt an apology,this is simply a congrats to whats going on in your life.I wish you the best in your life carrie..no matter what has happened;I know that there is nothing better than receiving a letter from someone that you thought forgot about you or expected to still hate you..
    Carrie,I want you to know that i dont hate you,i dont wish ill will to you,I have simply put aside my feelings and the past for thats where they should stay. So again major congrats to you.You now have what you wanted..a family. So enjoy your life carrie..you deserve the best.

Best wishes and blessed be,
    K.M
    .carrie.

Answer by .carrie. at 2:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Writing back would not be re-initiating a friendship with this person, but simply acknowledging that you accept her congradulations for what they are. Simply tell her that you appreciate the note, are very happy in your new life, and also wish her the best. Let her know that you've moved on and no longer have hard feelings, but feel that your relationship with her is in the past. Do so gently, and respectfully. Good luck.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• sure, I'd write her back a short and simple letter with the two letters F and U, then block her mail.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 3:02, keep the note short & simple.   She obviously is not interested in your friendship, and the way I read it was a couple of hurtful digs ("receiving a letter from who you thought hated you". She's spiteful, I think you're better off without her. Embrace your new life and friends and like anon said, wash your hands of her. Congrats on the baby & marriage! :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• don't write back, she's just trying to see if she can get under your skin again in a thinly veiled letter. Its very passive aggressive and she goes out of her way to tell you she isn't sorry. Show her you're the bigger person and don't write back. It just fuels the fire. You dont' want her to think she got to you.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009