what do you do about a controlling mil?

My mil constantly is complaining about what i don't do like pick up toys when my kids are playing with them we are staying with her and on top of the fact that i buy and cook her meals i never get a thumbs up or a thanks i feel like i am being walked all over i feel miserable living here and i told my dh that if this happens one more time i am moving out me and our two kids and he says well i guess that means you give up on us ? is that what i am doing if i leave because i feel that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• grrr. I had to love with my mil, before so I completely understyand. but I had no kids at the time... we were even threatened recently to move back in... my mil is very opinionated as well. grrrr I would talk with your hubby to find a solution. maybe give a time frame on how long you are willing to stay and when to move or something. I'm sorry your going through this.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• What are you complaining about? You are living under her roof. Instead of having hard feelings because she wants her house ran a certain way, try putting that energy into finding a place of your own.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• well do to the economy my dh got laid off and we had to stay with her but i am no ones maid or chef except for my kids due to the fact they can't even reach the stove so how can i do her chores for her
    Anonymous