Reflux

My daughter who is just over 9 weeks old has been having some trouble taking her bottle. On saturday all day she would cry when i gave her a bottle after taking just 1 ounce. On Sunday she didn't cry but she would only take about 3 ounces and then when i would put the bottle back in her mouth she would take one suck and then make a funny face and push the nipple out of her mouth. I called her doctor and they had me bring her in to check her ears because she has a little cough and is a little stuffed up. They said that her ears look great and that it sound like she has a little reflux so they prescribed zantac. I just gave her the zantac for the first time and then a bottle which she took the entire 6 ounces in about 10 minutes. She normally will take 5-6 ounces per feeding. Does the zantac work that fast? I'm worried that maybe she my just be going through a phase and does not need the zantac. CONT..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No answers yet