Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you publish a public notice (in another state at that) to summon someone for divorce proceedings?

My fiance has been trying to find his ex for nearly two years now so that she can be properly served with the divorce papers that he has had since she left him less than a month into their marriage. Thanks to MySpace, we know what city and state she is living in (not the full address, unfortunately), so he can publish a public notice there to summon her. Supposedly, if she fails to appear, the judge can finalize the papers without her signatures. The trouble is, he is not sure how to go about publishing the notice.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • I think it has to be in the legal section so I would contact the county courthouse and ask them.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • Traditionally you call the local paper that runs in the area and place an add.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • Just post an add in the legal notices section in her local newspaper and have the newspaper send you a certified copy of the add. Also you can still get a divorce as long as you show that you tried and failed to contact the other party. You will get a default judgement. Good luck


    Answer by lostshel at 3:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • newspapers

    Answer by pagirl71 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • Go on-line to the local newspaper and download the form, fill it out and send it in. If you don't know the name of the paper, google the town's name and the newspaper site usually come up.

    Answer by jesse123456 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.