just curious...

When did you start buying maternity clothes? I am 9 weeks and in need of new lingerie and jeans (they have been on the to do list since before we found out about the baby) and I was just wondering if I should buy some now or wait? My regular jeans are getting a bit uncomfy and so are my bras, but I am worried that if I buy new stuff now I will just have to do it again...suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 9 weeks is a little too early to buy maternity clothes. I didn't buy any until I was like 4 months along. If you buy maternity clothes now, in a couple months you will have to buy them again and they aren't cheap.

I never did buy maternity jeans though. I just went to the clearance rack and bough regular jeans in a bigger size. With bras, I haven't bought a new one yet, I am going to be 31 weeks Weds. I am going to wait a couple more weeks to buy a nursing bra.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 3:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Buy a belly abnd for your pants so you can wear them longer. As for the under wear you just have to keep buying new to fit. Good Luck!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• for your jeans take a hair tie and twist it around the button, through the button hole than back around the button again. that should give you a few more weeks in them. there is also a band that is sold in maternity stores it is like a giant rubber band that goes over the top of your jeans to make them "maternity" pants. for your bras just get a bra extender, unless its the cups themselves you are falling out of, in that case get new ones but don't get alot just one or two and don't pay alot go to walmart or target for them. b/c you will need new ones again
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was so excited to wear maternity clothes I went out and bought them as soon as I found out. I only bought 2 pairs of pants and I wore them pretty much my whole pregnancy. I didn't get very big so most of the shirts I bought fit up until the end.I just bought one size bigger than I was. I never bought underwear, I just wore my regular ones and they seemed to fit fine the whole time, although they ended up falling below my belly the closer I got to the end.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 3:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Every body's body is different, and it depends on where you carry the baby. I'm 6.5- 8 weeks pregnant (some confusion as to when ovulation happened) ans I'm already wearing my maternity pants from the last baby (mostly because I'm so flipping bloated)! However, I only bought one pair of maternity pants (I'm really cheap). Instead I used a fabric elastic hair tie. I looped one went through the button hole then slipped the other end over the button.

As for shirts, the maturity style is "in" as far as fashion goes...

Don't buy a new bra. Your breast are still under construction. On thing about pregnancy is it finishes the development of the duct systems in the breast. Your boobs will most likely get BIGGER (but not always). I recommend a couple good sports bras to get you through the pregnancy!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 7:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009