how do I break this habit of 'if you don't do it you won't be my best friend' stage?

My daughter's friend is doing this constantly to her, and i wanted to know how do I handle it?

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• This is the begining of peer pressure and it only gets worse. Anyone who is a real friend would not want you to do something you don't want to. I had this talk with my dd and now working on my ds. Encourage her to hang out with other friends and this BF will change her tune.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• explain its not nice. tell her it hurts feelings, like when you cry? idk... I'm not htere yet... good luck!
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 4:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• oh, and tell her you'll love her no matter what she does. :)
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 4:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• by the way, I have to add, my daughter is 3, and her friend is 5. So... if that makes a difference.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you need to tell your daughter about peer pressure and about how IMPORTANT it is to be an individual, looks like you might also need to have a talk with miss im the bosses mother as well because i can see that little girl ten years from now blowing lines and giving lap dances.
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 5:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• rozepyle.. SERIOUSLY NOW? Come on
    Anonymous