Since God gave us marriage through Adam and Eve (not Steve)...

What do you feel about other faiths marrying? There are plenty of people in this world who do not follow the Bible. Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Atheists, and other faiths share wedding vows every day.

Do you think this harms marriage? Do their marriages affect your every day life? Do you worry your children will be harmed by seeing these married couples? They are openly denying the biblical God yet accepting the "gift" of marriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• why did you have to throw "not steve" in there anyway?

but to answer your question no. my husband and i come from different religious backgrounds but it didn't change the fact that we were in love. our marriage doesn't affect anyone else's lives nor their children nor our children. i don't see our marriage as denying the biblical God either, seeing as how God was a big part of our union.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think she is saying not" steve" to connect the anti gay marriage people to the fact that though they say they oppose gay marriage because of what the bible says they still ignore other parts of the bible that may not look to kindly on other faiths mixing and since the marriage of different faiths/races dont effect the marriages of others then how would gay marriage.

My opinion on it??? No on 8 all the way
    savala88

Answer by savala88 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• That whole Adam and Steve thing floors me. So, is it just gay men that can't get married? Cause you never see "Angela and Eve."

Anonymous

• OP here. You got it, Savala!
    Anonymous

• It is on ones business who marries who. It doesn't affect anyone except the people getting married so why can't you religious freaks just get over it already. I don't matter what color, race, religion, or sex you are. It doesn't affect you unless you are the one in that marriage.
    Anonymous

• I think marriage should ONLY be between two people who love each other. Screw what they believe, if they are gay or straight. Marriage is a Constitutional thing, not something that was only given by God to only those who believe in Him.
    bugs-momma

Answer by bugs-momma at 3:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• This is what you call a "Drama starting post"...

Anywho... My dh and I are of 2 different religions, I am a Wiccan and he is Lutheran. We were married by a Judge and will be renewing our vows in 7 yrs on our 20th and it will be done Pagan style..
    Our marriage doesn't effect you nor does it affect others in anyway, shape or form... It has NO bearing on our gs's life and wither or not I follow the bibical version of a God is of not concern to any other person but me, myself and I...
    We are very much in love and happy with our marriage.

Oh and OP what's this with a "not steve" at the end of your opening title?
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I believe the point is that a big argument against "allowing" gay marriage is that it harms the community as a whole & undermines the sanctity of marriage. If that is the case surely the same argument applies to the marriage of non-Christians. By that argument my Neopagan Handfasting, which was a legal marriage, undermines the sanctity of marriage as much as same-sex marriages. So if you are ok with one but not the other, aren't you really applying those arguments inconsistently based on your own biases?
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• @gmasboy -

Good for you for having a healthy, loving relationship!

As for the "not steve" part, I believe the OP was trying to show how utterly ridiculous it is that people are making gay marriage into a religious thing, when clearly, it is not.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• @gmasboy -

I caught that after posting.... ty ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009