Potty training twin girls

I'm looking for ideas on how to start out potty traing my twins. They will be 2 in Aug. I'm wanting to start now because I am pregnant again and would like for them to be out of diapers by the time the new baby is here. I set them on their potty chairs but they only want to sit for like 2 seconds.

kryty

Asked by kryty at 3:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, it doesn't sound like they are ready. However, if you still want to give it a try just expect it to take a while. Set up a chart system, give them rewards and praise. Just keep in mind that when a child is not ready, it can take much longer and there may be a regression when the new baby arrives.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I hear you mama! Mine are 2 1/2 and we are going to start pt next week. I'm a little afraid because my girls don't sit for very long either. I plan to buy a bunch of big girl panties, some extra strong carpet cleaner and keep a very open and flexible schedule that let's us stay close to home. Lots of juice and potty breaks every 20-30 minutes too.That's the plan! Good luck with yours!
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009