• In the Spotlight:

baby food

my DD is 3 months almost 4
she eats 8oz and 5 mins later is still hungry
but if i give her 10 oz then she throws it up
so i was wondering if
its ok if i start giving her baby food????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could give her small amounts of stage one, or just add some single grain baby cereal to her bottle, to thicken it up...my son was like that!!! just ask your ped first but yea i dont see cereal being a problem at all..just be careful!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Her stomach is way too immature for cereal. And never give cereal in a bottle. Try giving her the 8 oz. ,then, let her rest and if she wants more in a bit, then give her an ounce or two.
    Anonymous

• no it's not anon 2:51, i was giving my dd a little bit of stage one baby food when she was 3 months old AND i was giving her cereal in her bottle, it filled her up & she didn't get sick
    Anonymous

• Way young for baby food! And NEVER put cereal in the bottle for hunger!

My son had cereal in his bottle but it was for his horrid reflux.
    Anonymous

• my 4 month old started rice cereal last month. in her bottle! loves it. doesnt spit up or have tummy trouble. some doctors even recom. rice cereal.
    Anonymous_J

Answer by Anonymous_J at 3:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i gave my baby cereal off of a spoon at 2 months because she was never full either and she began sleeping thru the night. i also gave her stage 1 foods at 4 months and everything was fine. she is 6 months now and has had noproblems from the cereal or the baby food.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• They will not sleep better from it either. In fact, studies have proved that cereal in a bottle keeps them up from the gas and tummy troubles.

Just because others have done it and their babies were "fine" doesn't make it ok. We didn't have or use carseats when I was a baby. And I am "fine". That doesn't mean I will let my kids ride without one now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my daughters doc. told me to put a little bit of rice cereal in her bottle when she was drinking too much milk and was still hungry. so that doesnt mean im an idiot for the way i raise my child...

keep your prissy ass comments to yourself.
    Anonymous_J

Answer by Anonymous_J at 4:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• NOt you.....the other anon. LOL....That I understand.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• ask her doctor what they reccomend, we all obviously have different ideas on what is best for our own children & bradenismyson thiks she knows everything and will be a bitch to everyone else if they don't agree with her so ignore her and ask your child's doctor if you are unsure about what to do..
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009