• In the Spotlight:

UGH! My 6 month old daughter will not sleep!!

I do not know what to do. My daughter will not sleep through the night she is up 2 or 3 times a night regardless of what I do before bed time. Cereal in her milk, bathtime ritual, Playtime, Book time, Rocking.... nothing works. Her pediatrician says she should be able to sleep through the night by now and to just let her cry when she wakes, but when i do she will cry for 20 minutes straught and then end up waking her self up completely! Everytime she wakes up, she downs at least 3 oz of formula then stays up for 15 min to 2 hrs, and finally falls bk asleep. What can I do?

jmjlove08

Asked by jmjlove08 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has started this again too!! he was sleeping 9 hours straight..i felt so lucky but now 6 months is right around the corner and hes up at the most random hours..and HUNGRY! and im confused because he seems to eat soo much! but i think teething might have something to do with his waking up..duno if thats whats going on with you, but it sounds to me like you've tried everything i would suggest, sooo?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Relax. **grin** They sleep when they sleep DESPITE you, not because of you. What worked here? I stopped worrying about how my son slept. He started sleeping better when I stopped getting in the middle of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009