Is the second pregnancy always worse?

My first pregnancy with my daughter was a breeze. I only felt sick I think once in all of the 9 months. Now I am pregnant a second time and my doctor has even had to tell me some medicine to take. I am hoping that this is not a sign of the labor because once again the first one was not bad. It was over in 8 hours and wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be with being a mom for the first time. So I would like some advice on whether or not it's just me or if it's like this for most people. Thanks! :D

pecka

Asked by pecka at 4:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know, but I'm in the same boat. I was sick at the beginning with my daughter but only in the morning or over very strong smells. Other than that only minor aches and pains and the occasional issue. This time, Geez! I have BH horrible, ligament pain, had morning/afternoon/evening sickness until 17 weeks and it still comes back occasionally...
    And this one is a girl too. :) What we do for our children...
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 4:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• With my son i only got sick once but labor was 22 hours. With my daughter i had morning sickness everyday all day until the day i delivered her, i was only in labor with her for 11 hours.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it because something were better the second time. I am 11 weeks along now with my 3rd and i am experiencing the same thing i did with my daughter.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My first pregnancy was very easy. My second one was horrible. But that is only because I had twins the second time. The first was my son and I only got sick a couple time. With my twin girls I got sick all the time. I had to take zofran because it was so bad. This time it's a little in between. I have not gotten sick yet but have felt like it from time to time.
    kryty

Answer by kryty at 5:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My first was so easy, I didn't have any morning sickness, even the delivery was fast. With my 2nd girl, I was sick all the time. I couldn't stay hydrated and ended up delivering early.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Wow...I can't believe how many people had problems with their second pregnancy. My second was a breeze.

With my first I had morning sickness, or rather all day sickness, for the first 4 months. Other than that though my first pregnancy was easy too. My labor was only about 7 hours, pushed 6 times and she was here.

With my DS, my second I didnt get sick at all. I would actually forget I was pregnant the first couple months before I started showing because I felt completely normal. My labor was only about 4 hours long, pushed 4 times and he was here. I recovered from my second a lot faster too because...with my first I had to have an episiotomy (sp?) and with my second I only tore a tiny bit.

I was actually scared to death when I got pregnant with my 2nd because I thought my 1st was so easy that I figured the 2nd time around was gonna be horrible but it was better.

All pregnancies are different.
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009