Is it normal to have shoulder pain during pregnancy?

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and sometimes i get a dull ache in my shoulder, almost at the tip. It lasts for a couple minutes to sometimes hours. I don't seem to have any other abnormal symptoms besides a few common pregnancy symptoms. Has anyone ever experienced this during your pregnancy and went on to have a "normal" pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I get shoulder and some neck pain all day, sometimes just in the morning. I think your ok, its normal to have back pains during pregnancy unless it's sever. I get it because it is hard to sleep and stay comfortable plus I try to sleep on my left side because I heard it was better for baby. My back never feel's 100% and its annoying, but I have taken tylenol because my shoulder pain was so bad it was giving me a headache. My baby is healthy and pregnancy is normal. unless it's really bad ask your doctor.
    moni271

Answer by moni271 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You should tell you dr about this. It's one of the symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy (tubal pregnancy). Have you had an u/s yet to confirm the pregnancy is in your uterus?
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 4:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yeah i had an u/s and everything is fine
    Anonymous