Are you feeling guilty too???

I am feeling so guilty right now bc I was supposed to sit down and do some school work with my kids and did nothing soon my dh will be home and I have not done nothing to day just on the computer with cm. Is this so wrong.

Help! give me a head start starting tomorrow...:) Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter doesn't have homework this week and the kids were playing board games all day,I didn't know public schools were such slackers but I guess everybody needs a break.Pretty soon it will be summer and I will be in charge of her keeping up with her math and reading skills and that intimidates me.I think you just need a break and you will get more energized to teach once you get rested up.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm not feeling guilty at all! I haven't gotten anything done around here either today. BUT I did have one child home from school being sick from dehydration, and another one who chopped off all her hair last night (she's 5) and had to go get it fixed today. So we did that, then we went and got a few groceries and some donuts and now we are at home, the kitchen is a mess, living room is a mess, toys are left outside. But my hubby is away right now, and its easier for me to clean at night while the kids are sleeping :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Honey don't be too hard on yourself PLEASE! Sometimes we all need to "get away" and if that means spending the day on ClubMom , than so be it...You are human and you need some private time away for you own well being. Sure, you should have done this or that, but you did what your soul needed instead. Don't ever let anyone take your own personal time away from you! If that is the only thing we Moms have to recharge our batteries and find our center then by the Gods let us have it! Do we ask much of anyone? As a general rule, no we don't . So what's the big deal with giving us a little "me time"!?! I know most men would disagree cuz most are still cromagnin like, but with a little patience, they may someday come around...The Gods (whomever you choose) be willing! Don't feel guilty darlin', in my opinion you've got nothing to be guilty about.
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have guilt because I have to work rather than be at home with my 4 yr old working on letters and numbers. He is sooo smart and I love to work with him, I don't have enough hours in my day :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009