Never been religious or gone to church since i have been out of parents house but would like to start and find a place to fit in but...

i am worried that i will look stupid. Since i have never really gone, i don't know much about the bible or its teachings. And i am thinking that i will not really know what is going on or being talked about. Like if i go to sunday school, what if they ask a question and i don't know it. I will look dumb. It isn't like going to school where they start at the beginning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dont worry. Everyone has to start somewhere.
    Anonymous

• i thought this too, until i went. they didnt ask questions to each person, the people in the class ask questions people put in opinions, and talked openly..it wasnt a point fingers u should know this type deal..i dont know if i was just lucky or if thats the norm...but it dint make me uncomfy. i was kinda outta place at the church because they tell me to turn to such and such chapter, and im like WHERES THAT!>!>!> lol...good luck..just experiment..and it doesnt make you a bad person to leave if they make you uncomfortable!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• go to a Catholic church. I was told they dont' read the Bible LOL

sorry I know Catholics read the bible-I was speechless when this girl told me Catholics dont' read the Bible. I asked her what the first reading was all about then.

A real answer-we all start somewhere and the congreation will be happy to help.
    Anonymous

• Jehovah witnesses do a in home bible study for free, they work around your schedule, and they will teach you from YOUR bible. "Its private and they have no expectations. To get a free in home bible study you can contact your nearest kingdom hall. you will be amazed.
    Anonymous

• I would look for a non-denominational church. Do an online search for them in your area. When you find one that you like, go try it. You should feel excepted for who you are. The church I go to is called New Hope Christian Church. www.gothope.cc. Our "motto" has always been a place where anyone can come. If you feel judged or put down by the church when you go, don't go back and keep looking. Pray. Ask God to bring you to the right church.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You won't look dumb... that is what the church is for... to teach people about God. Alot of churches have new beginners classes... which teaches basic information about the beliefs of that church. Then churches also have new believers classes for those who are new Christians. And I agree w/ Angeldawn7.. if u go somewhere and feel judged or put down.. keep looking.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i agree bonn777
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• kingdom hall is nice they give you a personal bible study, i done it you can find them in your white pages.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• church of Christ is a good one. bible based. there are always newbies, and even well studied christians are always learning. you wont look stupid. other believers want to help you learn and grow.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2009